Children’s WORSHIP & MUSIC
Children's Music Programs
All classes run for five consecutive weeks. Each class is limited to 10 registrants. There is a $20 registration fee.
Babygarten (3 months–24 months) classes (for caregiver and baby) involve songs, rhymes and activities that help with language acquisition and pre-literacy skill. Participants should bring a large towel on which to sit.
- Mondays, 9:45am–10:15am, October 9–November 6, at Christ United Methodist Church
- Thursdays, 9:45am–10:15am, October 12–November 9, at St. Timothy's United Methodist Church (5228 Hilltop Road, Jamestown, NC)
- Saturdays, 9:45am–10:15am, October 14–November 11, at Christ United Methodist Church
MusicPlay (2–3 years old) is for two- and three-year-olds and their caregiver. These classes involve songs, rhymes, and musical movement. Participants should bring a large towel on which to sit.
- Thursdays, 10:30am–11am, October 12–November 9, at St. Timothy's United Methodist Church (5228 Hilltop Road, Jamestown, NC)
- Saturdays, 10:30am–11am, October 14–November 11, at Christ United Methodist Church
In case of inclement weather, all Babygarten and MUSICplay classes will follow the Guilford County school closings.
We are truly excited about the opportunities for your children to experience a closer relationship with God through the worship arts.
- Wesley Choir (Ages 4 through 2nd grade), rehearses Wednesdays from 6:15pm-6:45pm in Room 101. Directed by Chris Dederer, Organist and Director of Children's Music.
- Choristers (Grades 3-6), rehearses Sundays from 6pm-6:45pm in Room 101. Directed by Chris Dederer, Organist and Director of Children's Music.
- Chime Choir (Grades 3-6), rehearses Sundays from 6:50pm-7:30pm in the Music Room
Choir Chimes are are musical instruments played similarly to handbells, but they are much more durable and great for all ages (you don't have to wear gloves or worry about scratches). This will be a great opportunity for the older children to have hands-on experience with an instrument and allow them to develop their music literacy skills, which have been proven to help stimulate the learning process for children in all areas, not just music! Our Chime Choir will be directed by Jared Gordon, Director of Handbell Ministries.
GO! – for 11am and Spark services
Your children will experience worship through dramas, storytelling, and group competitions—plus prayer, reflection, meditation, and live music. We will even provide you with take-home resources in order to continue the Bible lesson throughout the week. Please drop your children off at the Chapel prior to the beginning of the service you are attending, and pick them up there following worship. All children who would like to participate must be at the Chapel by 11:15am.
Children of all ages are welcome to stay during all worship services. Interactive worship bags for children ages 3–12 are available at the entrances to the Sanctuary and Fellowship Center. We also have the following options available:
During the 8:30am traditional and 9am Awakening services:
- A Nursery is provided for infants through preschoolers in Rooms 111 and 113, and is staffed with trained, professional childcare workers and parent volunteers.
During the Sunday school hour (9:50am-10:50am):
- Children ages 2 and up attend Sunday school in the class rooms in the preschool hall.
- Infants and toddlers attend Sunday school in Rooms 111 and 113. United Methodist Cokesbury curriculum for babies and toddlers is used to introduce God's love to our youngest children.
During the 11am traditional and 11:15am Spark services:
- A Nursery is provided for infants and toddlers, and is staffed with trained, professional childcare workers and parent volunteers.
- Two-year-olds through Pre-K can attend Worship Care for a short lesson, snack, and playtime. Worship Care is staffed by childcare workers and parent volunteers.