What is the Endowment Fund?
The Christ Church Endowment Fund was created to offer an opportunity for the church’s members, their relatives, and their friends to make gifts to the church that will perpetuate future missions and ministries through earnings from the Fund.
It is a permanent fund where money stays invested, and the growth, earnings, and interest establish a long-term commitment to the life of the church and to the lives of future generations. Each year, the committee gives a percentage of the endowment’s earnings to the missions and ministries Christ Church. Previous disbursements have benefited UMAR (a ministry to developmentally disabled adults), the Dominican Republic Mission Project, and music ministries. These disbursements are separate from the annual operating budget, supporting missions and ministries in ways that allow Christ Church to have a greater impact beyond those things supported by the annual budget.
How Are The Endowment Funds Invested?
The Christ Church Endowment Fund is kept separate from the regular church operating account. The Fund uses the socially responsible investment services of the Methodist Foundation of the Western North Carolina Conference.
What Will Your Legacy Be?
Planned giving goes beyond sending a check. It ensures your continued support for causes you care about, in perpetuity. Your personal resources are put the use in ways that accomplish your financial and charitable goals for the long run.
Gift planning serves the needs of the donor and the charitable community by creating an endowed gift with a predictable, beneficial impact for the future.
Enjoy the satisfaction of making a significant gift and supporting Christ United Methodist Church forever.
What and how can I give?
- Outright Gifts: Donate cash, stocks, bonds, etc., no gift is too small.
- Wills and Trusts: Leave a lasting legacy by including Christ Church in your estate planning
- Beneficiary Designations: Include the church as a beneficiary of an IRA, an insurance policy, or some other asset
- Charitable Gift Annuities or Charitable Remainder Trusts: Provide an income for your life plus allow you to leave a legacy with Christ Church
- Memorials: These allow an opportunity to provide a legacy to the church to honor a loved oneOther opportunities include inheritances, life insurance proceeds, windfalls, business sold, etc.
Can I designate?
Yes, or you can allow the Endowment Committee to designate. There are several initial designated categories for contributions:
- Missions, both internal and external
- Building and grounds
- Scholarships (Church or Ministry Related)
- General (as approved by the Trustees, Finance Committee, and Administrative Council)
What do I do next?
Call our Business Manager at (336) 299-1571, ext. 310. Or, email email@example.com.