The Advent Workshop is a Christ Church tradition where all ages can spend time together preparing for the Advent season. Come make crafts and collect devotion materials that will help you and your family celebrate the true meaning of this very special season, as we prepare for Christmas.
- Create a graceful PINECONE ANGEL to adorn your Christmas tree.
- Fold a massive musical ORIGAMI STAR to hang on your tree or use as a tree topper.
- The scents of CINNAMON ORNAMENTS are the perfect way to start the Advent season.
- Our SPIRAL HANGING TREE ORNAMENT will sparkle all season long.
- Stir up your own holiday BATH SALTS to keep or give as an elegant gift.
- Trim our tile TRIVET tree to add a special handmade touch to your Advent dinner table.
- This year’s ADVENT CALENDAR will be a keepsake for years to come. Build and paint this treasure with us (and plan to dress for mess or bring a paint smock).
- Make an ADVENT WREATH, so it can be the centerpiece of your home devotions. Fresh greenery is wired to a wreath and candle holder base. One per family, with preregistration.
- Little hands will bead a special ADVENT STAR at our preschool table.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
A nursery will be provided for children under three years old.
Dress for mess or bring a paint smock.
Bring a box to carry home your crafts.
Bring a plate of holiday cookies or other goodies to share on the refreshment table and/or the contest (see below)
Drinks will be provided.
BEST GOODIES CONTEST!
We invite you to make delicious and/or creative cookies and treats to enter in a contest. Drop off a sample at the welcome table at the workshop. Put a plate of your treats on the refreshment table.
(No peanuts or peanut butter please. Help us protect our children by keeping this a peanut-free event.)
Please make a reservation by Thursday, November 21, by clicking the button at the top of this page, or by contacting our Reservation Line. Payment will be taken the day of the workshop.