Lent and Easter at Christ Church
Holy Week Services
- Maundy Thursday Service | Thursday, April 13 | 7pm | Fellowship Center
Join us for a contemporary-style service in the Fellowship Center featuring a dramatic rendition of the Last Supper. The service will include Holy Communion. Childcare is provided.
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service | Friday, April 14 | 7:30pm | Sanctuary
Join us for scripture readings and choral responses centered around the “seven last words of Christ” as recorded in the Gospels. Childcare is provided.
Easter Sunday Services | Sunday, April 16
- Sunrise Service | 6:45am | Outdoor Chapel
Please bring a chair and join us for communion and worship in the Outdoor Chapel. In case of rain, this service will be held in the indoor Chapel. Childcare will not be provided.
- Traditional Worship with Communion | 8:30am | Sanctuary
- Traditional Worship with Brass Ensemble and Hallelujah Chorus | 11am | Sanctuary
- Contemporary Worship | 9am | Fellowship Center
- Contemporary Worship with Communion | 11:15am | Fellowship Center
Easter Sunday School for Adults | 9:50am | Parlor/Disciple Room
He Lives: Back Stories of Easter Hymns, led by Rev. Alice Kunka
Celebrate the Risen Christ with your favorite Easter hymns! We will share about what inspired them, sing a couple of familiar ones, listen to contemporary versions of a couple, play "Name That Tune," and talk with a neighbor about why a particular hymn touches us. Muffins and coffee will be served.
Other Lent Opportunities
Shared Lenten Study: Revival: Faith as Wesley Lived It
This Lent, we will participate in a “One Book, One Church” study of Adam Hamilton’s six-week DVD series, Revival: Faith as Wesley Lived It. In Revival, Adam Hamilton travels to England, following the life of John Wesley and exploring his defining characteristics of a Wesleyan Christian. Wesley’s story is our story. It defines our faith and it challenges us to rediscover our spiritual passion.
Participate in the study:
- Many of our adult Sunday school classes, as well as our first through sixth grade Sunday school classes, will be studying Revival on Sundays, 9:50am–10:50am. Learn more about our Sunday School opportunities.
Centering Prayer and Shared Silence
Fifteen minutes of centering prayer or shared silence will be offered in the Parlor from 9:30am–9:45am each Sunday during Lent (March 5–April 9). A brief introduction to centering prayer will be given at 9:30am. For those who choose not to practice centering prayer, participation in the shared silence offers several options: In the silence, some offer prayers of intercession or thanksgiving, while others use the silence for quiet reflection. The session will end promptly at 9:45am, allowing participants time to be on time for Sunday School.
Welcome Wednesday Classes for Lent
We are also offering two new Welcome Wednesday classes for Lent (March 8–April 5).
- If Jesus is the Answer, What is the Question? During the holy season of Lent, join author and group leader Jim Genova for a meaningful study of his book If Jesus is the Answer, What is the Question? Click here to learn more and register.
- The Enneagram Part II: A Spiritual Path During Lent: We will stay on this sacred path for uncovering our true essence, which leads to a deeper connection with self, others and the divine. Led by Marilyn Wolf. Prior knowledge of the Enneagram is important. Class is limited to 25 people. Click here to learn more and register.