Follow the Star is a set of six five-minute original dramas that go behind the scenes depicting important characters in the “Jesus Story.” It has become a Christ Church tradition over the past nine years. The tours only take thirty minutes.
We are encouraged to share the Good News of Jesus Christ outside our church walls. By helping with the production or inviting others to come see it, we all are reaching out to the Greensboro community with the message of salvation in an enjoyable, non-threatening atmosphere. How relaxing it can be to come and enjoy Christmas music provided by our wonderful Christ Church musicians and eat some homemade treats. The dramas are family-oriented so that even the young may enjoy them.
This year’s dramas include:
- Disciple Room: Mary (Meredith Smith)
- Chapel: Rabbi at the Jerusalem Temple (David Grove)
- Choir Room: Mary & Joseph (Jordan/Charley Birkner)
- Gym: Witnesses to the Lord’s goodness
- Youth Building: Angels (Wesleys/Choristers) and the Innkeeper (Ken Gordon) & Shepherds (Debbie & Jim Gibson)
- Columbarium: The Nativity
- Sanctuary: where you can pray at the altar with your family and enjoy beautiful organ Christmas music
To help with advertising our church, our Evangelism Committee is sponsoring a float in Greensboro’s Christmas Parade on December 6. Volunteers can help to decorate the float and walk the parade route handing out invitations to our Christmas events. We’ll also have Christmas event promo cards at the Connection Point Desk for our church members to pick up and share with fellow workers/neighbors/family.
To help with Follow the Star or the float, look for the display in the Gathering Space. (If you know of families with babies, please contact me. We need holy families for the Nativity!)
You haven’t taken time to come yet? Well, maybe this is your year! Gift yourself thirty minutes from all the rush that comes with the Christmas season. Be a witness for Christ. Come and bring a friend or family! Hope to see you there!
Through Christ Who strengthens us all,
Lynn Gordon ><>